Sr. Network Engineer with a comprehensive skill set in network administration and troubleshooting. This is a hands-on role that requires generating solutions and troubleshooting problems on a day-to-day basis as well as contributing to the long range planning activities of the overall IT team.
Apply for this job
The Sr. Network Engineer will be responsible for providing and managing a network infrastructure and security architecture that supports needs and goals. To support the continuous availability and performance of applications and services provided to the public and other divisions
• All aspects of network and security engineering: design, implementation, optimization, monitoring and troubleshooting of our LAN,WAN, WLAN and DR networks.
• Configure, upgrade, and troubleshoot routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, proxies, accelerators and wireless technologies.
• Perform vulnerability scans, analyze results and assist with the remediation as necessary.
• Ensure access, to all information systems, is controlled, both internally and externally, relative to the level of potential risk and recommend appropriate corrections.
• Participate in computer security incident response efforts and other security related investigations as needed.
• Utilize systems expertise and knowledge of software, hardware, networks, and/or storage to work across the business to evaluate business needs and design/manage end-to-end technical solutions.
• Leverage industry best practices to assess, design, test, approve, implement and support new and existing multi-tier solutions in multiple sites and data centers.
• Performs network performance and tuning activities.
• Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design, configuration, planning and trouble locating procedures.
• Handles provisioning and capacity planning
• Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation, internet resources and any other means at your disposal.
• Participates in disaster recovery planning and testing
• Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
• Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
• Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, and other network appliances.
• Network asset management, including maintenance of network inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
• Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
• Manage all network security solutions.
• Perform server and security audits
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Math or equivalent related experience.
• Experience with continuous delivery of applications and services.
• Cisco certified - CCNP/CISSP/CCIE preferred
• Expertise in managing Cisco wireless networks
• Working knowledge of Cisco ISE configuration and management
• Preferred experience with Cisco Catalyst and Nexus, Checkpoint, Fortinet, Bluecoat and Solarwinds products. Brocade and Arista SAN switches a plus.
• Working technical knowledge of network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including OSI Model, TCP/IP, DNS, BGP, OSPF, VPC, VRF, VDS and MPLS.
• Strong ability with security policy administration and filter rules (ACLs) (IPS/IDS, port scanning, pen-testing toolset familiarity)
• Deep understanding of low level network foundations (OSI 1-4)
• Ability to analyze packet captures (tcpdump/Wireshark)
• Knowledge of telephony systems, including experience with Cisco Unified Communication administration, adds moves and changes.
• Knowledge and understanding of ITIL or a similar IT Service Management framework
• Able to demonstrate a clear understanding and expertise for deployment of networking technologies in a virtualized environment