|Boston-based client is looking for a Cyber Security Engineer with a comprehensive skill set in network security operations, cyber security tools, intrusion detection, and secured networks. This hands-on role requires assisting in analyzing the environment, coordinating data gathering and helping to generate solutions on a day-to-day basis. Additionally, this role will contribute to the long-range planning activities of the overall IT team, and may oversee projects and investigations related to threat management and security breaches.|
Under the supervision of the Security Manager, working individually or as part of a project team, the Cyber Security Engineer will continuously assess security and related risks to the enterprise office locations, assets, and employees and make recommendations for mitigation strategies that will decrease risk. They will assist in maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of computer workstations, servers, and local area networks.
The Cyber Security Engineer will be responsible for all operational aspects of network security engineering: design, implementation, optimization, monitoring and troubleshooting of our LAN, WAN, WLAN and DR networks.
• Provide technical support for numerous standalone and network systems to include penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, virus updates, patches, service packs, and hot fixes, policies related to onboarding/offboarding of staff, media controls, and ensuring all security related documentation is notated as required.
• Monitor networks and systems for security issues through the use of various security tools.
• Perform vulnerability scans, analyze results and assist with the remediation as necessary.
• Conduct regular audits to ensure authorized systems are being operated securely and are in compliance with security policies and procedures.
• Monitor access to all information systems and report on compliance with established policies and procedures, relative to the level of potential risk and recommend appropriate corrections.
• With the Security Manager, leverage security best practices to assess, design, test, approve, implement, and support new and existing multi-tier solutions in multiple sites and data centers.
• Create accurate network diagrams and documentation for planning security-based changes, investigating network impact, and issuing resolution procedures.
• Assist in implementing site procedures for marking, handling, and controlling, removing, transporting, sanitizing, reusing, and destroying media/equipment.
• Participate in and often lead investigations pertaining to threat assessment and mitigation for both internal and external threats.
• Conduct investigations of anomalies found during audit trail analysis.
• Participate in security related investigations as needed to ensure that policy defined tasks are completed.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
o Uses problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues.
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Collaborates and assumes a technical leadership role when required.
• Comfortable with presenting policies, mentoring colleagues on security best practices.
• Ability to explain network and security concepts to both fellow technical staff in detail, and to non-technical staff at an appropriate level.
• Is effective in prioritizing tasks within a high-pressure competing environment.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Demonstrates an interest in working hard in a fast-paced environment, enjoys challenges, and has fun while doing it.