Apply for this job
The primary role of the IT Technical Support team is to ensure clients computer systems function optimally across the organization so that end users can accomplish business and operational tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end-user help requests via phone support, emails and in-person requests. Problem resolution involves in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level. In addition to troubleshooting problems, this role includes: re-imaging troubled laptops/desktops, imaging and setup of new desktop/laptop systems, carrying an Android based device on a daily basis to cover after-hours and any emergency calls and assisting in other activities where there is a match of skills and need.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Act as first point of contact for support requests from employees as well as provide back up support as needed at other sites within the Company.
• Monitor the IT Support trouble ticketing system to ensure service levels are met.
• Provide support via telephone, email and regular on-site visits.
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installation and upgrades of software, hardware and configuring systems and applications.
• Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, laptops and peripherals.
• Ability to write and develop documentation including; Work Instructions, help sheets, training materials and FAQ lists for end users.
• Accurately record, track and document technical requests. With a focus on building an employee friendly FAQ.
• Obtain the knowledge necessary to deliver training on relative systems, software, and firmware products that the companies utilize.
• Carry an Android based device to be available during off hours and emergency calls
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent experience.
• 4-6 years of experience in systems administration, installation, maintenance and upgrades required.
• Ability to travel, participate in on-call, and work outside standard office hours of 8AM - 5PM Monday-Friday as necessary.
• Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including Intel based desktops, laptops and servers.
• Experience with operating systems and server technologies including; Windows Server systems 2012/2019, Windows 10\7, Active Directory and Exchange 2010/2019 and SQL 2013\2019.
• Experience with applications like Epicor ERP, Content Central, Adobe Suite, Citrix and Remote Desktop at both desktop and server levels.
• Ability to conduct research and find solutions for a wide range of computing issues including Spyware and virus related problems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, as a member of various teams and committees and work with all levels up to and including executive leadership.