The Linux Administrator in this role must show exemplary judgement. Successful administrators will be proactive in identifying gaps in current controls, identifying risks and assisting in maintaining our overall security posture. The Linux Administrators are expected to balance multiple competing priorities and communicate with multiple stakeholders.
Our Client is seeking an experienced The Linux Administrator to join an experienced team responsible for the design, deployment, maintenance and security of Linux and Windows based environments in our public cloud. The position requires hands-on knowledge and a thorough understanding of Public Cloud environment’s, software-defined networks, Linux & Windows architecture, cloud-based deployment technologies and in-depth experience in security analysis and compliance. (FedRAMP, SOX, PCI, HIPAA, etc) The responsibilities include, but are not limited to…
- Manage automated security solutions for our clients Cloud platform.
- Prepare security analysis reports for both operations and compliance needs.
- Proactively review logged security event information to identify/alert on potential risks.
- Investigate potential security incidents and serve as initial incident responder
- Be proactive and able to operate effectively with minimum supervision.
- Collaborate with technical/business teams, assess requirements and recommend resolution to security engineering team members.
- Assists in preparing and effectively presenting KPI’s to management and stake holders.
- Handle off-hour escalations as needed.
- Document/update Runbooks, SOPs, and Compliance reports.
· 4-year technical degree or equivalent work experience.
· Prior experience working with security in Linux/Windows public cloud infrastructure.
· 5+ years of hands-on experience with security analysis for large complex environments, preferably in a Public Cloud.
· Hands-on experience supporting security appliances, software and other SaaS based security offerings in a cloud environment.
· Knowledge of information security management frameworks such as SOC 2, ISO, NIST, ITIL, CobiT
· One or more Industry standard security certifications: CISSP, GCIH, GCIA, CISA, Security+, etc
· Experience using, integrating and/or configuring one or more automated security, compliance, and identity management tools. (Antivirus, Rapid7, SIEM solutions, Tenable(Nessus), SailPoint, CyberArk, Qualys, Splunk, Ping, etc.)
· Experience with LDAP, Active Directory, certificate management, multifactor authentication methods, Linux, Windows, networking, scripting
· Strong interpersonal and team communication skills, comfortable in global working environment.
- · Experienced working within enterprise company supporting global customers