Performs professional duties involving the selection or development, implementation, testing, documentation, maintenance and efficient utilization of applications software to meet clients needs for assigned tasks or standard projects, or assigned aspects major clinical and business information systems projects.
- Reviews assigned portions of business or clinical operations and identify clients information systems needs. Defines processes, problems and requirements. Performs cost/benefit analyses.
- Performs assignments for the design and analysis of clinical and business information systems to meet client’s needs. Develops detailed specifications which define the functional and reporting requirements of necessary information systems. Assists in studies of the impact of major systems conversions.
- Apprises clients of practical implications of information systems changes, ensuring that the client is informed of available alternatives and their relative advantages and disadvantages.
- Recommends, or assists in the determination of, the appropriate means for the delivery of necessary applications software, whether through the selection and implementation of available products or through the development or modification of custom applications software.
- Develops and modifies custom applications software. Writes programs/code using a variety of programming languages to meet defined information systems specifications. Designs screen layouts.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Over 3 years and up to and including 5 years experience. Must be able to work off hours and participate in on call rotation.