- Lead the strategy and roadmap to modernize our application infrastructure via the use of Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Application Performance Management through modern DevOps practices.
- Coach and maintain the DevOps methodology to ensure the continuous delivery and integration pipelines with goals to maximize productivity and success across the DevOps and Technology teams.
- Collaborate with all teams to design, create, support and maintain the tools and systems used to deploy, run, automate, secure and maintain our broader ecosystem of custom code and infrastructure.
- Oversee appropriate telemetry, metrics and support, with a focus on Identifying and diagnosing performance issues, application health and production issues.
- Lead a team of DevOps professionals fostering a positive team working environment with a focus on setting achievable goals and performance expectations and assuring that the team is operating efficiently towards achieving results.
- Communicate with varying levels of management to build trust and provide business value regarding Information Systems, DevOps principles and best practices.
- Champion continuous learning to maintain a technical competency and a level of operation that will allow it to deliver and maintain the benefits of DevOps.
- Responsible for ensuring department and company policies and procedures are communicated and maintained
- Set achievable goals and performance expectations and assures that the team is operating efficiently towards achieving results.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 4-year degree in Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years of experience with Information/Business Systems.
- Minimum 4 years of experience with DevOps Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing projects.
- Experience managing and growing a team preferred.
- Experience with Hypervisors, Application Performance Monitors, Configuration Management (CM), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment (CD), Containerization and Load Balancing
- Experience with deploying Code Quality and Security Governance related tools.
- Experience with Scripting and Programming Languages (C#, Python, PowerShell preferred).
VMware, F5, Ansible, Jenkins, Octopus, C#, vRealize and NSX
About AVID Technical Resources:
AVID (Applications, Voice, Internet, Data) Technical Resources is a contract and permanent IT recruiting company. Headquartered in Boston, AVID specializes in placing information technology professionals with either an Infrastructure Support or Applications Development background.
Since our inception in 2003, AVID has grown to be among the leading IT recruiting firms in the area. This explosive growth has led to a number of awards and recognition. Inc. Magazine recently listed AVID on their exclusive Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Privately-Held Companies in the US. AVID was named one of the Leading IT Staffing Agencies in the Northeast by Forbes Magazine and the Boston Business Journal ranked AVID Technical Resources the 7th Fastest Growing Privately-held Company in Massachusetts.
Contact one of our IT recruiters today: www.avidtr.com.