Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Implement management’s focus on supporting, troubleshooting and maintaining the Network infrastructure. Maintain focus on patching and antivirus updates for servers. Work with Project Managers, Business areas and vendors to implement new infrastructure or update existing infrastructure supporting the business.
- Support policies and procedures to architect, install, configure and maintains physical and virtual infrastructure. Write and review policies with management to document and maintain the integrity of the network.
- Work with Server and Security teams to develop a cohesive network in-line with their requirements. Provision and support all network access to include but not exclusive to Firewall rules, IpSec tunnels, VPN, third party connections, and internal access.
- Support and provision F5 load balancer infrastructure.
- Patch and update network infrastructure to ensure software is at appropriate versions and service pack levels. Address issues impacting network infrastructure, coordinating necessary business areas or vendors to achieve the most efficient problem resolution with least impact to the business.
- Manage and maintain backups and DR services related to Network infrastructure.
- Manage scheduling and review of staff duties to include coaching on policy and procedures when required. Complete annual staff performance evaluations.
- Review/administer user add/change/delete process across all o/s platforms via AD, Ldap, local policy and network rules.
- Support other IS areas such as Desktop and Operations.
- Ensure SLA’s are met on projects and tickets.
- Interact directly with Business Development Team to provide technical analysis and scope for projects.
- Ensure weekend and after hours coverage is maintained and serving the needs of the business.
- Support and maintain physical connections to sites.
- Manage third party vendors
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Manager(s).
- Build out Network Roadmap and Budget yearly
- Perform Employee reviews and ensure that Policys and Procedure are followed
- Esure that all documentation and inventory is accurate and correct
- Build out Networks to support Applications and Services.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Information Systems or Electrical Engineering is required
- Some CISCO certified training perferred sucha as CCNP
- Experience with current best practices in IT standards, principles, and CIS/NSA security practices
- Experience with Cisco LAN/WAN Network Engineering (routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, and IP protocols)
- Experience with Voice analog and digital (Avaya PBX, integrated, and unified IP voice mail), VoIP and video communications (SIP, H.323 bridged, point-to-point, and streaming)
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
About AVID Technical Resources:
- Versed in scripting languages and tools used to maintain, monitor and diagnose.
- Knowledge of dynamic routing protocols (OSPF, BGP4, and EIGRP) and enterprise class switches-router management (Cisco 6509, Nexus 7000, 3560G, 3750G, 2800, 2900, 3800, 3900, 7200, and 7300 series), large scale switch fabric design, and configuration and management (6500 / Nexus series)
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, IP Routing, MPLS, HSRP, VRRP, BGP4, OSPF, SSL VPN, QoS, RSA authentication, SNMP, POS, PPP, NAT/PAT, TACACS+, NAC, DS3, and OC-3/12 is essential
- Thorough understanding of LAN Switching (L2 -L3) including VLANs, Private VLANs, Trunking, EtherChannel, VTP, and Spanning Tree
- Familiarity with enterprise firewall management: Cisco PIX/ASA, Secure Computing - McAfee Sidewinder, Microsoft ISA 2006, Cisco Network Access Control (in-band and out-of-band), and WAN Technologies (DS and OC circuits, MPLS / BGP / VRF, and VPN over internet - IPSEC / GRE / DVPN)
- WAN cache and compression technology (Riverbed), W2K3-K8 Domain, DHCP, and DNS Server management
- Enterprise Network Management tools including the HP OpenView Suite
- Cisco Works LAN Management Suite and Cisco Security Manager
- Understand and stay current with Network technologies such as Spine Leaf architecture
- Understand, inplement and manage best practice Network Security via NAC,ACL,Segmentation
- and other relevant technology's
- Understand DMZ,VLan and VPC segmentation
AVID (Applications, Voice, Internet, Data) Technical Resources is a contract and permanent IT recruiting company. Headquartered in Boston, AVID specializes in placing information technology professionals with either an Infrastructure Support or Applications Development background.
Since our inception in 2003, AVID has grown to be among the leading IT recruiting firms in the area. This explosive growth has led to a number of awards and recognition. Inc. Magazine recently listed AVID on their exclusive Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Privately-Held Companies in the US. AVID was named one of the Leading IT Staffing Agencies in the Northeast by Forbes Magazine and the Boston Business Journal ranked AVID Technical Resources the 7th Fastest Growing Privately-held Company in Massachusetts.
Contact one of our IT recruiters today: www.avidtr.com.