FRONT END ENGINEER (VM WARE)
Our client is looking for a candidate that is responsible for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment, application package development/deployment, end-user systems configuration, product evaluation, and performance monitoring. Provides technical and operational leadership to peers within Information Services.
- Designs supports and maintains all development, test and discrete production images for VDI and physical PCs/laptops.
- Scripts and integrates application packages for our distribution software, Ivanti (formally LANDesk) using PowerShell, batch, Orca and/or transforms.
- Configures and manages user personalization solutions, i. e. AppSense. Manages multiple facets of Windows 7 OS, inclusive of registry, file system, services and ODBC connections.
- Designs and supports images for HP Windows Embedded OS thin clients, used by both internal and external employees, accommodating for differences in departmental workflows.
- Acts as a VDI subject matter expert (SME) for Major Incident Management support. Develops and presents recommended infrastructure changes for the physical and virtual PC environments to the Change Control Advisory Board. This includes implementation, testing and back–out white pages, complete with disaster recovery proposal(s).
Required: Associate's degree or equivalent work-related experience.
Preferred: Bachelor's of Science or equivalent work-related experience preferred.
Minimum two (2) years of technical customer service experience required. Background in VMware, AppSense, ThinApp, and Horizon View environments required. Scripting and programming with PowerShell and batch script required.
Demonstrated technical experience in PC hardware and software support environments required.
Must be able to self-manage and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Must have a solid knowledgebase of Microsoft Office suite applications, and basic Inter/Intranet skills. Must have excellent customer communication skills, be organized and efficient.
This position is required to participate in a 24 x7 on-call rotation.