AVID Technical Resources is seeking a Follow-Up Collections Representative for their Health Care client in West Los Angeles
- Understands billing / follow up and collection procedures and is able to balance all accounts correctly.
- Follows up on previously billed accounts by reviewing accounts on a biweekly or monthly basis to determine possible sources of payment or payment issues.
- Contacts third party payers to establishes reimbursement status i.e., reason for discrepancy between expected and actual reimbursed amounts or data of issuances.
- If interim call backs to third party payers are warranted to verify documentation of receipt or to expedite an aged account, independently calendars and completes follow up activity.
- Reviews insurance correspondence / mail backs and responds to requests.
- Contacts other Revenue Cycle departments to gain information necessary to address payment issues as needed.
- Contacts patient to obtain involvement to provide missing documentation, to track delayed insurance payment and/or to collect patient liability portion of bill.
- Forwards statements and/or form letters to patients advising of account status and indicating any action which needs to be taken.
- Reviews and maintains portfolio of accounts responsible for, with optimum cash collections, adjustments, and closures.
- Resolves accounts in the aging category by collecting cash and/or applying appropriate adjustments in a timely manner.
- 2+ years of hospital collection experience
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medi-Cal, CCS, Worker Comp and other government payer regulations
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Understands billing / follow up and collection procedures and is able to balance all accounts correctly
- Able to make necessary adjustments using the correct CDM transaction codes (credit or debit) in order to correct account balance and/or misapplied payments
- Strong command of CPT, Modifiers, ICD and PCS
- Must be able to work onsite
- Strong experience using MS Office (Word, Excel)
Want to see more of our open IT jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn. We post new jobs daily.
About AVID Technical Resources:
AVID (Applications, Voice, Internet, Data) Technical Resources is a contract and permanent IT recruiting company. Headquartered in Boston with offices around the US, AVID specializes in placing information technology professionals with either an Infrastructure Support or Applications Development background.
Since our inception in 2003, AVID has grown to be among the leading IT recruiting firms in the area. This explosive growth has led to a number of awards and recognition. Inc. Magazine listed AVID three times on their exclusive Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Privately-Held Companies in the US. AVID was named one of the Leading IT Staffing Agencies in the Northeast by Forbes Magazine and the Boston Business Journal ranked AVID Technical Resources the 7th Fastest Growing Privately-held Company in Massachusetts. AVID Technical Resources has not only been recognized by local and national business and staffing organizations, but also by its most important critics: our clients and candidates. Check out our reviews on Glassdoor, Indeed, and Google here.
Contact one of our IT recruiters today: www.avidtr.com.