Apply for this job
The Cyber Security Analyst will be a representative of the Cyber Security Team and will act as a liaison to the IT departments. He/she will help plan, implement, and support security solutions at multiple locations around the state.
Under the direction of the Program Manager and the Cyber Security Manager, the Cyber Security Analyst will assess security and related risks to the office locations, assets, and employees, and make recommendations for mitigation strategies that will decrease risk. They will assist in maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of computer workstations, servers, and local area networks. They will conduct frequent training and tabletop exercises with various groups regionally.
The Cyber Security Analyst will be responsible for dissemination of security information and act as a conduit back to the to complete the communication loop.
• Travel daily to regionally designated offices to work directly with IT resources
• Provide technical support for numerous standalone and network systems
• Monitor networks and systems for security issues using various security tools
• Conduct regular audits to ensure authorized systems are operating securely and are in compliance with security policies and procedures
• Assist in implementing site procedures for marking, handling, and controlling, removing, transporting, sanitizing, reusing, and destroying media/equipment
• Provide and deliver cyber security training to small and medium size groups
• Conduct and lead cyber security tabletop exercises with small and medium size groups
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Technology or technical discipline and at least 4 years IT experience with a minimum of 2 years Cyber Security Information experience completion or working on a professional certification is a plus.
• Experience with Windows OS Windows Server, Windows Domains, Active Directory, and GPO's
• Familiarity with routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, proxies, accelerators, and wireless technologies
• Experience in threat management and assessment as it relates to physical security
• Experience with corporate security risk assessment, analysis, and mitigating controls
• Experience with endpoint security solutions, including file integrity monitoring, white listing, and data loss prevention
• Must have valid Massachusetts driver’s license, and reliable personal vehicle for regional
• Ability to attend weekly meetings in Boston
• Ability to work remotely as needed between municipal location visits
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed, with keen attention to detail
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
o Uses problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues
• Ability to work independently and on multiple projects simultaneously