AVID Technical Resources is partnering with our client to find a Scrum Master for a Permanent opportunity in West Des Moines, IA.
West Des Moines, IA, US
Requisition ID: 1079
APPLYTO SCRUM MASTER
The Scrum Master I (SMI) facilitates team execution of the Scrum framework, encourages continuous improvement of their team, surfaces project and team status information, and functions as a Scrum subject matter expert.
- Schedule and facilitate regular scrum ceremonies (daily standup, review, retrospective, planning, backlog refinement, estimating).
- Lead teams to consistently achieve the desired outcomes of each scrum ceremony
- Encourage the team to identify impediments to the development process; assist and/or guide the team to remove impediments
- Coordinate the identification and resolution of inter-team dependencies necessary for the completion of sprint objectives
- Facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution.
- Provide subject matter expertise and training to new and existing team members on scrum values, principles, and ceremonies
- Encourage team continuous improvement through retrospectives and building a safe environment where ideas and problems can be shared without fear
- Keep team members and stakeholders informed by surfacing relevant project and team metrics
- Set up and configure Jira agile projects
- Train new team members on Scrum framework; provide ongoing training to existing team members on Scrum Framework
- Detect hidden problems, escalate to departmental leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related major
- Experience on an agile team in any role for at least 3 years applying agile principles, practices, and theory
- Scrum Master certification or equivalent training
- Experience with Jira preferred
- Understanding of the fundamentals of iterative development
- Understanding of incremental delivery and the value of metrics.
- Understanding of the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team.
- Intermediate understanding of the scrum framework, values, and principles
- Familiarity with common agile practices, service-oriented environments, and servant leadership
- Demonstrated basic ability to:
- Identify and remove impediments to team’s development goals
- Coordinate inter-team dependencies
- Set up and configure Jira projects; with specific focus on reports, workflows, screens, integration with Confluence
- Communicate and analyze project and team metrics for the team, their leaders, and stakeholders
- Train new team members on Scrum process
- Provide ongoing training on Scrum process to existing team members
- Demonstrated proficient ability to:
- Facilitate scrum framework and ceremonies for teams
- Facilitate decision making and conflict resolution within the team
- Understand software development processes and procedures
- Effectively discuss ideas and information in ways that are understood and appropriate to target audience.
- Ability to listen, understand and respond to external and internal customers’ needs in a timely manner; customer service experience in a service-related industry preferred.
About AVID Technical Resources:
AVID (Applications, Voice, Internet, Data) Technical Resources is a contract and permanent IT recruiting company. Headquartered in Boston, AVID specializes in placing information technology professionals with either an Infrastructure Support or Applications Development background.
Since our inception in 2003, AVID has grown to be among the leading IT recruiting firms in the area. This explosive growth has led to a number of awards and recognition. Inc. Magazine recently listed AVID on their exclusive Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Privately-Held Companies in the US. AVID was named one of the Leading IT Staffing Agencies in the Northeast by Forbes Magazine and the Boston Business Journal ranked AVID Technical Resources the 7th Fastest Growing Privately-held Company in Massachusetts.
Contact one of our IT recruiters today: www.avidtr.com.