Description of responsibilities:
Apply for this job
The Software Engineering Manager Chapter Lead works with the vendor of software engineering skills, ensuring their quality and accountability to the project. They set the expectations for the vendor teams to follow, in order to maximize the value that they deliver to the internal business clients. The Software Engineering Manager Chapter Lead reviews the code-based work product and ensures the delivery of quality software according to the client’s software engineering standards and external industry practices. The Software Engineering Manager Chapter Lead is also responsible for administrative responsibilities around enabling the members of the vendor team.
Acting as a technical leader overseeing a vendor-driven software engineering team, the Software Engineering Manager Chapter Lead acquires and shares domain knowledge, engages with solution architects and product owners as a technical SME to ensure alignment of strategic direction for the work product delivered by the vendor team that they are responsible for.
Must have skills:
• 2+ years’ experience managing, coaching, mentoring, and developing a highly motivated technical workforce.
• Solid understanding of software testing methodologies.
• Strong knowledge of modern software engineering fundamentals.
• Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, facilitation, and influencing skills.
• Experience working with architects and product owners to understand capacity and demands and optimizing these skills on teams.
• Strong experience working with structured software engineering design patterns, understanding of performance improvement, scalability, debugging complex multithreading issues
• Experience working with a vendor team, acting as a strategic leader and partner to the product group while setting expectations for the technical delivery of the project
• Experience working with Agile and SCRUM teams
• Has detail-oriented tendencies when working with a software engineering codebase, is able to spot low-level code and application architecture issues that may have an impact on the performance of the solution being constructed
Nice to have skills:
• GraphQL and Hasura
• Docker container technologies