AVID Technical Resources is partnering with our client to find a Python Developer for a full-time opportunity in West Des Moines, IA or Woodland Hills, CA.
The Python Developer will join the Actuarial IT team and will build and maintain effective information software applications that assist the company in minimizing administrative costs and maximizing information.
· Work closely with the Actuarial team to integrate best practices in the development of analytical tools and processes
· Work extensively with large data sets and have the ability to optimize and create efficient data models and SQL queries for performance
· Work within the client’s strategic roadmap to support Actuarial business needs with technical solutions
· Design, code, and test all sizes of application solutions using object-oriented development, with a current focus on Python
· Independently document your own code and produce technical design documentation
· Resolve complex software issues across multiple software applications
· Work as an integral member of the software development team to design, develop and maintain applications
· 5+ years of application development experience
· Strong background in annuities, with a deep understanding of the annuity business (administration, product development, pricing, modeling, valuation)
· SOX control creation or execution experience a strong plus
· Strong data modeling and SQL experience
· Strong understanding of Project Management and SDLC processes
· Ability to clearly communicate at the executive level as well as the individual contributor level.
· Experience using SQL Server, SQL and PostGres is preferred
· Experience with medium to large-scale internal software applications or related technologies
· Experience with Python and Git source control is required
· Ability to work in a full-time role without sponsorship
About AVID Technical Resources:
AVID (Applications, Voice, Internet, Data) Technical Resources is a contract and permanent IT recruiting company. Headquartered in Boston, AVID specializes in placing information technology professionals with either an Infrastructure Support or Applications Development background.
Since our inception in 2003, AVID has grown to be among the leading IT recruiting firms in the area. This explosive growth has led to a number of awards and recognition. Inc. Magazine recently listed AVID on their exclusive Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Privately-Held Companies in the US. AVID was named one of the Leading IT Staffing Agencies in the Northeast by Forbes Magazine and the Boston Business Journal ranked AVID Technical Resources the 7th Fastest Growing Privately-held Company in Massachusetts.
Contact one of our IT recruiters today: www.avidtr.com.