Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
Our team is passionate about addressing real-world problems with digital solutions. We’re looking for enthusiastic problem solvers who are ready to join a fast-paced team and make a big impact. It’s not just a job, it’s a mission to make driving safer, smarter, and more enjoyable for everyone.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Our client is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to build and extend our client-facing Open API to provide roadside assistance to everything from connected vehicles to insurance apps. You’ll help us develop the models, business logic, and GraphQL API layer to provide a highly available and scalable platform to run the roadside assistance marketplace we've built over the past 3 years. You’ll also help us technically lead a small team of engineers and projects from start to finish.
We are a highly automated team using continuous integration with model, integration, and system tests to build a high-quality product while maintaining a high velocity.
You will be joining a team that is going through a period of high growth.
- Design internal product-related API's to support the React Front End and Mobile clients.
- Design external API's to support new Insurance and OEM clients as well as partners.
- Develop a Consistent, Well Documented, Tested, Performant Rails API.
- Ability or past experience leading a small team of engineers and being a go-to person for technical questions and issues.
- You enjoy working at small companies and building systems from the ground up
- You have 4+ years of experience building backend software, preferably API based
- You have experience leading, planning, and executing projects from concept to delivery
- You enjoy mentoring junior members of the team
- You experience working in partnership with the product as well as QA teams.
- You have a deep understanding of API design and best practices
- You have extensive Rails experience
- Experience with GraphQL
- Optimization experience at the DB and Application layer
- CS or Engineering related Degree