AVID Technical Resources is partnering with our client to find a Software Developer/Programmer 5 for a Contract opportunity in Des Moines, IA.
NOTE: Only candidates with IDMS will be considered for this position.
The client is looking for a Software Developer/Programmer 5 (SDP5) – Mainframe Developer/Programmer/Analyst to analyze current Mainframe systems (COBOL/CICS, JCL, VSAM, ADSO/IDMS) and document system logic. The individual will Work with the business team to understand the business need and how the current code correlates to the same, document the system and ‘to-be’ status of what would be needed for the system to be rewritten in a client server distributed environment.
The client primarily has two environments: Legacy Cobol/CICS/IDMS/VSAM systems and client server/Web .NET systems. Most systems are centralized but there are distributed systems as well that are used in field offices and the client’s owned and operated facilities. Many systems are home grown while some systems use third-party applications.
Demonstrated through prior experience the ability to:
• The role is more of a senior technical analyst.
• Trace and document data system logic and flows by reading & analyzing JCL, COBOL programs, CICS definitions, ADSO/IDMS programs and 3rd party utility control cards, SPSS-Mainframe, IDCAMS, SYNCSORT and other common mainframe data manipulation processes.
• Extracting and documenting Business Rules embedded in Mainframe programs, third party utilities, and other data manipulation products. This includes both business and functional aspects of the business rules.
• Understanding, analyzing, and documenting current Mainframe logic and flows and work with the users and business teams to correlate the same with how the systems support the current business, Federal and State requirements.
• Create detailed documentation of system analysis that would become the basis for a system rewrite into client server .Net environment.
• Must complete assigned task; communicate accurate and useful status updates; follow quality standards; Ability to work in a team environment; strong communication skills; both written and spoken.
• Perform on-call duties for nightly and weekend batch cycles
• Attention to details is a must since the documentation generated would be the basis of system rewrites.
• Very clear, strong, and precise Verbal and written communication skills are needed to work and coordinate with multiple teams.
• Work independently with little supervision or guidance.
• Demonstrates a willingness to independently dive in and learn new systems, processes, and business functionality.
About AVID Technical Resources:
AVID (Applications, Voice, Internet, Data) Technical Resources is a contract and permanent IT recruiting company. Headquartered in Boston, AVID specializes in placing information technology professionals with either an Infrastructure Support or Applications Development background.
Since our inception in 2003, AVID has grown to be among the leading IT recruiting firms in the area. This explosive growth has led to a number of awards and recognition. Inc. Magazine recently listed AVID on their exclusive Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Privately-Held Companies in the US. AVID was named one of the Leading IT Staffing Agencies in the Northeast by Forbes Magazine and the Boston Business Journal ranked AVID Technical Resources the 7th Fastest Growing Privately-held Company in Massachusetts.
Contact one of our IT recruiters today: www.avidtr.com.