AVID Technical Resources is partnering with our client to find a Back End JAVA Software Engineer for a permanent W2 opportunity in Des Moines, IA.
Our client is seeking a Java Software Engineer to work collaboratively with dedicated peers and project teams in creating innovative solutions. You will be part of a team dedicated to the development of quality high-volume financial services solutions. As a software engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with technical and non-technical team members to deliver solutions efficiently and effectively.
- Build, test and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code based on documented requirements
- Collaborate with peers and project team to create efficient solutions
- Create, maintain and own testing strategies for application solutions
- Follow best practices for secure coding
- Think critically and innovatively to produce successful outcomes
- Hands on experience building enterprise applications using Java/J2EE stack
- Hands on experience in building and deploying both REST and SOAP Web Services
- Hands on experience using Web Service frameworks such as Apache CXF and Spring Boot
- Hands on experience building micro services using frameworks such as Spring Boot
- Hands on experience in team environment using Version Control software such as GIT
- Hands on experience using relational databases including DB2 and SQL Server
- Hands on experience using UNIX command line statements such as CURL, LESS, and VI
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and automation tools such as Jenkins and Ansible
- Experience developing enterprise applications using formal SDLC methodologies
- Solid understanding and ability to articulate the HTTP protocol
- A sincere passion for software development and testing methodologies
- Able to quickly learn employ new languages and technologies
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Great communication and documentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members
- Experience in banking or the financial industry would be a plus
About AVID Technical Resources:
AVID (Applications, Voice, Internet, Data) Technical Resources is a contract and permanent IT recruiting company. Headquartered in Boston, AVID specializes in placing information technology professionals with either an Infrastructure Support or Applications Development background.
Since our inception in 2003, AVID has grown to be among the leading IT recruiting firms in the area. This explosive growth has led to a number of awards and recognition. Inc. Magazine recently listed AVID on their exclusive Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Privately-Held Companies in the US. AVID was named one of the Leading IT Staffing Agencies in the Northeast by Forbes Magazine and the Boston Business Journal ranked AVID Technical Resources the 7th Fastest Growing Privately-held Company in Massachusetts.
Contact one of our IT recruiters today: www.avidtr.com.