AVID Technical Resources is seeking an experienced Clinical Research Associate with Oncology experience for our Health Care client in Los Angeles
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform patient registration activities including:
1) ascertaining pre-treatment and eligibility requirement of the protocol have been met, including informed consent and insurance authorization prior to registration
2. Compile protocol data, including maintaining protocol patient logs, screening logs and statistics
2) register/randomize patients referred for protocol
3) document record of patient registration, data and treatment assignment
3. Assisting in the collection and documentation of data when required
4. Ensuring the collection and submission of data to sponsoring agency to meet protocol requirements, this includes lab, surgery, treatment, pathology; x-ray, operative reports, radiotherapy forms and films, or other outside information required for protocol purposes
5. Maintaining source documentation on protocol patients, including: all clinic notes (Physician, nursing staff and research staff notes); adverse events and concomitant medication logs, dosage modifications and treatment calculations
6. Meet with faculty and staff for training and regularly review patients
7. Assist in quality control and quality assurance activities, including: review of protocol study forms for completeness and accuracy; reviewing materials for quality assurance guidelines; audit information for errors, and ensure timelines of data submission; gather materials for site visits
8. Attend Oncology Program meetings as needed to identify potential protocol patients
9. Alert investigators and appropriate personnel of communications regarding adverse drug reaction reports, and treatment complications
10. Perform research assessments and interventions under the direction of the Principal Investigator, where appropriate, with research patients
11. Ensure all protocol related activities outlines in the protocol are executed according to the study and regulatory guidelines
12. Ensure all study patients are entered and up-to-date in the clinical trials management system (CTMS)
13. Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, act as a second coordinator reviewer of the protocol enrollment criteria, as needed by the enrolling Sub-Investigator and research staff
- Demonstrated clinical research experience, with in-depth knowledge of clinical oncology, including working knowledge of good clinical practices for clinical research.
- Ability to work in more than one environment, travel to participating hospitals, and attend off site staff meetings, conferences and investigator meetings.
- Ability to work efficiently and complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to handle multiple clinical research projects for efficiency and cost-effectiveness, including handling work delegated by more than one individual.
- Experienced in performing nursing assessments and interventions under the direction of the Principal Investigator with acutely ill oncology patients using strong clinical judgment and up to date oncology knowledge.
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate research procedures and deadlines.
- Excellent English verbal and writing communication skills to convey and obtain information to and from investigators, patients, families, sponsors and co-workers.
- Effective interpersonal skills to interact professionally and diplomatically with patients, families, sponsors, co-workers, investigators and others.
- Demonstrated skill in prioritizing workflow to meet deadlines, often under pressure of conflicting demands, while maintaining accuracy and effectiveness of work.
- Problem solving skill to work effectively, meet research goals, with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated computer skills using Word, Excel, e-mail and databases to create reports, correspondence and other documents as required.
- Ability to travel between multiple sites to provide coverage and assistance to staff and faculty as required.
- Skill in preparation of accurate and timely annual reports and statistical information on all protocols as needed.
- Valid California State Driver’s License and car to travel between research sites and to UCLA.
About AVID Technical Resources:
AVID (Applications, Voice, Internet, Data) Technical Resources is a contract and permanent IT recruiting company. Headquartered in Boston with 9 offices around the US, AVID specializes in placing information technology professionals with either an Infrastructure Support or Applications Development background.
Since our inception in 2003, AVID has grown to be among the leading IT recruiting firms in the area. This explosive growth has led to a number of awards and recognition. Inc. Magazine listed AVID three times on their exclusive Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Privately-Held Companies in the US. AVID was named one of the Leading IT Staffing Agencies in the Northeast by Forbes Magazine and the Boston Business Journal ranked AVID Technical Resources the 7th Fastest Growing Privately-held Company in Massachusetts. AVID Technical Resources has not only been recognized by local and national business and staffing organizations, but also by its most important critics: our clients and candidates. Check out our reviews on Glassdoor, Indeed, and Google here.
Contact one of our IT recruiters today: www.avidtr.com.