AVID Technical Resources is partnering with our client to find a Scrum Master II for a permanent opportunity in SE Iowa.
The Scrum Master II performs a leadership and coaching role in support of application software development efforts, manages and develops software lifecycle processes in an enterprise Scrum organization emphasizing strong team structure, ensures alignment with good software development principles/architecture, and builds and facilitates self-organizing teams. The Scrum Master II coaches and collaborates with partners across all disciplines and skill areas to be a change agent to implement better Agile practices while driving prompt and timely execution of the project plan and Product Backlog.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform Scrum Master duties for two Scrum teams with minimal guidance by a Scrum Master III or Sr. Scrum Master; ensuring standard Scrum processes are performed through active facilitation and by building increased levels of trust with Product Owners, Developers, Quality Assurance, Product Management, Project Manager (PM) and Software Development Manager (SDM)
- Learning tools and processes with greater complexity that are used by the Scrum Masters to coach teams
- Support teams by understanding and removing impediments, escalating to SDMs or Senior Scrum Master with clear context of impediments, as well as coaching on successful team performance and interactions
- Leads Scrum Team on delivery of business capabilities, by gaining ownership of cross-team/cross-value stream projects, and gaining trust of major players in project delivery (Product Owner (PO), Product Management, PdMs, ect)
- Reinforce team adherence to and coach in support of organizational adoption of proper business process, software development, quality practices, architecture practices, proper integration practices and Release Management process
- Maintain working knowledge of Agile and Scrum via conferences, seminars, training, webinars, and networking and disseminate information to teams; Utilize said knowledge to train new associates about Agile and Scrum
- Serve as Scrum process coach within organization seeking avenues for continuous improvement of Scrum and proactively implementing continuous improvement experiments and quick wins
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be available at the direction of management for other duties and responsibilities.
This position has no supervisory duties currently.
Service Level Standards
Cambridge is committed to consistently delivering the highest levels of service in our industry. Each associate is required to understand and meet the service level standards defined for his/her position, and to participate in the definition, measurement and reporting of new standards that will further improve service. These standards are an integral part of each person’s responsibilities and meeting these standards is a measure of each associate’s job performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, instructions, and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Computer Skills: Database software, e-mail, Internet software, spreadsheets and their macros, word processing, and company proprietary software used by the department. Typing skills in the 40-50 wpm range
- Ability to follow verbal and written communications
- Ability to communicate effectively with public and co-workers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to express ideas clearly both in written and oral communications
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Ability to get ideas accepted and to guide a group or individual to accomplish a task
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities (time management)
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to conceptualize and analyze complex business processes
- Ability to define and achieve business goals and meet deadlines while working both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, simultaneous initiatives and conflicting priorities
- Ability to meet and manage customer expectations in a professional and timely manner
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses:
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification or Professional Scrum Master (PSM I)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to a moderate noise level.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee is required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
About AVID Technical Resources:
AVID (Applications, Voice, Internet, Data) Technical Resources is a contract and permanent IT recruiting company. Headquartered in Boston, AVID specializes in placing information technology professionals with either an Infrastructure Support or Applications Development background.
Since our inception in 2003, AVID has grown to be among the leading IT recruiting firms in the area. This explosive growth has led to a number of awards and recognition. Inc. Magazine recently listed AVID on their exclusive Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Privately-Held Companies in the US. AVID was named one of the Leading IT Staffing Agencies in the Northeast by Forbes Magazine and the Boston Business Journal ranked AVID Technical Resources the 7th Fastest Growing Privately-held Company in Massachusetts.
Contact one of our IT recruiters today: www.avidtr.com.