AVID Technical Resources is partnering with our client to find a Senior Security Engineer for a full-time opportunity in West Des Moines, IA.
The Senior Security Engineer will perform vulnerability assessments & security testing, working with operations and development teams on remediation and mitigation of findings. The candidate will assist in planning, designing, and implementing security controls. They will also design AWS secure solutions and continuously improves DEVOPS processes and tooling.
· Maintain, configure and analyze network and host-based security platforms
· Provide security incident response support and participates in escalated incident responses
· Research, analyze and recommend changes to resolve any infrastructure security deficiencies
· Troubleshoot system anomalies based on security platform reporting, network traffic, log files, host-based and automated security alerts
· Create and maintain Threat Models for variety of projects and technologies
· Develops ad-hoc reports as needed
· Evaluates new and emerging security technologies and best practices
· Preform vulnerability scans and manual techniques to verify system security settings and configurations
· 5+ years of experience working as a Security Analyst
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
· Experience conducting antivirus and malware analysis using SIEM technology
· Experience using SOC tools; working in Red-Hat Linux and Windows-based platforms; using Bit Locker and endpoint encryption tools
· Experience using Qualys and/or Tenable Nessus vulnerability scanners
· Experience working with host-based IDS/IPS; NAC; web and email proxy.
· Security certifications such as a CISSP, SSCP or CEH is required
About AVID Technical Resources:
AVID (Applications, Voice, Internet, Data) Technical Resources is a contract and permanent IT recruiting company. Headquartered in Boston, AVID specializes in placing information technology professionals with either an Infrastructure Support or Applications Development background.
Since our inception in 2003, AVID has grown to be among the leading IT recruiting firms in the area. This explosive growth has led to a number of awards and recognition. Inc. Magazine recently listed AVID on their exclusive Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Privately-Held Companies in the US. AVID was named one of the Leading IT Staffing Agencies in the Northeast by Forbes Magazine and the Boston Business Journal ranked AVID Technical Resources the 7th Fastest Growing Privately-held Company in Massachusetts.
Contact one of our IT recruiters today: www.avidtr.com.