AVID Technical Resources is partnering with our client to find a Field Engineer I for a permanent opportunity in Clive, IA.
Field Engineer 1 role is part of our client's technology department, this position will primarily be responsible for responding to customer calls, email request and incident tickets. This position provides onsite or remote technical support for our customers we support. The Field Engineer 1will perform the implementation of hardware/software maintenance, periodic maintenance of firmware, BIOS, drivers and repair the products deployed at the customer sites to ensure the highest level of availability for our customers. We expect this position to manage customer IT environment, provide professional customer consultation, ensure reliable production network, reliable backups, efficient and thorough troubleshooting, open service tickets to track the progress of an issue, perform escalations, and inform management on the status, progress and resolution to the incident. This position will report directly to the Director of Information Technology.
· Provides advanced level 3 & some level 4 troubleshooting for the network, desktops, laptops, mobile devices, applications Spam Filtering, Mal-ware, Anti-Virus, Virus Removal, AD account setup, password resets and unlocks, file permissions, advanced servers, checking log Files, web filtering, VMware, Exchange, Firewalls, VPN advanced configurations, firmware, backups, printers, Internet connectivity, drive mapping, Hosted Exchange, Imaging software, Software/Update Deployments, periodic maintenance, IP camera surveillance and wireless networks.
· Provides onsite and/or remote operational support for the customers to ensure timely, and effective resolution.
· Responsible for execution of the task to assure compliance and standards are met during the advanced setup, configuration, implementation, and resolution of the customer’s environment.
· Design, develop, implement, monitor, and identify opportunities to improve efficiencies within the complex processes, procedures, and controls which will enhance quality, service, and deliverables of the solution.
· Provide continuous and consistent leadership while communicating the status of complex operational issues, actions, and resolutions to the customer, sales consultant, management and vendors.
· Delivers an exceptional customer service work ethic skill to all customers.
· Acts and operates in a professional manner when conducting business with our customers.
· Manages all severity levels of incident tickets and reports status to the appropriate parties which includes customers, peers, sales, management and vendors.
· Executes on complex operational processes and performs in depth analysis to ensure proper metrics are met.
· Identifies, executes, and maintains the highest level of audit and security compliance standards that minimalize risk to our customers.
· Communicates ideas and recommendations effectively via verbal and/or written communication to a diverse audience.
· Performs the necessary operational support for the advanced setup and configuration of the network, desktops, laptops, mobile devices, applications Spam Filtering, Mal-ware, Anti-Virus, Virus Removal, AD account setup, password resets and unlocks, file permissions, advanced server setup/configuration/troubleshooting, checking log Files, web filtering, VMware, Exchange, Firewalls, VPN advanced configurations, firmware, BDR and MozyPro backups, printers, Internet connectivity, drive mapping, Appriver O365, Clonezilla, PDM Management, periodic maintenance, IP camera surveillance and wireless networks.
· Monitors service ticket queues and provides regular up-dates to tickets daily.
· Monitors and maintains strict compliance in accordance with CST standards, policies and procedures.
· Provides appropriate escalation of severity 1 (Server Down) issues to peers, sales consultant, CST management and vendors in a timely and appropriately manner.
· Understands and delivers effective operational level 3 & some level 4 troubleshoot techniques during a customer’s operational outage.
· Identifies individual training opportunities to enhance level 3 & some level 4 troubleshooting techniques for Break/Fix.
· Responds to customer requests and incidents in a timely and professional manner.
· Adopt a reliable and adaptable approach to customer’s situations while demonstrating ownership and instilling confidence in the customers that you have control of the situation.
· Attend training seminars, conferences, and trade shows as well as conducting networking opportunities with peers in other reputable firms to broaden ones technical knowledge.
· Helps maintain current and updated inventories of asset tags, hardware, software, certificates, firewalls, network switches, wireless AP’s, desktops, laptops, servers, storage, backups and other equipment within ConnectWise.
· Performing technology assessment on customer’s assets and providing recommendations to sales consultant for new technology refresh opportunities.
· Update customer emergency contact information in Connectwise.
· Create and maintain customer support documentation.
· Perform project management duties related to the advanced setup, installation and configuration of the technology components being installed at the customer site. This also includes the coordination and installation with 3rd party vendors.
· 3rd Party applications support for QuickBooks, Peachtree, Thompson Reuters, Patterson Dental, Applied Online, Macola, database SQL server, sharepoint, Spiceworks, Appriver, and O365.
· Other duties as required.
· Advanced knowledge of firewall, network (LAN, WAN) switches, wireless AP’s, desktops, laptops, Windows server, SAN, NAS, DAS storage, backups, replication and IP Surveillance technologies.
· Ability to actively troubleshoot complex incidents and escalate appropriately.
- 6-8+ years hands on experience in a technical infrastructure operations and computer room environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field from an accredited college/university or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Advanced leadership abilities and team management skills.
- Advanced process development and service delivery principles.
- Hands-on experience supporting multi-platform infrastructure environments.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
· In-depth knowledge of service ticketing systems, asset management system and technology monitoring software packages.
· Advanced knowledge of backup technologies solutions.
· Experience with Change Control Ticketing
· Experience with Incident Reporting and Ticketing
· Demonstrated ability to manage customer complex IT environments is preferred
· Demonstrate minimal project management skills.
· Complete timesheet entries on time & accurate.
· Complete expense reports on time & accurate.
· Must have 1 up-to-date vendor certifications
· Advanced knowledge and understanding of varied and diverse platforms and technologies.
· Hands on experience working in a high stress/fast pace support environment.
· Demonstrate control for server down impact and manage all issues to resolution.
· Execute established processes and procedures.
· Ability to demonstrate manage/run conference calls on technical severity issue with varying levels of personnel
· Advanced knowledge of Incident Management and it processes to escalate and serve as the technical and communications liaison between application vendors, hardware vendors, customer support and management teams.
· Advanced process and service delivery principles.
· LAN, MAN, WAN Cisco switches, HP switches
· Ruckus Wireless AP and controller
· Cisco, SonicWALL firewalls
· Dell Desktops & Laptops
· Dell, Fujitsu Servers and storage
· Microsoft Windows Server, Exchange, SQL
· StorageCraft, Windows Server, and MozyPro Backup solutions
· Data Replication
About AVID Technical Resources:
AVID (Applications, Voice, Internet, Data) Technical Resources is a contract and permanent IT recruiting company. Headquartered in Boston, AVID specializes in placing information technology professionals with either an Infrastructure Support or Applications Development background.
Since our inception in 2003, AVID has grown to be among the leading IT recruiting firms in the area. This explosive growth has led to a number of awards and recognition. Inc. Magazine recently listed AVID on their exclusive Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Privately-Held Companies in the US. AVID was named one of the Leading IT Staffing Agencies in the Northeast by Forbes Magazine and the Boston Business Journal ranked AVID Technical Resources the 7th Fastest Growing Privately-held Company in Massachusetts.
Contact one of our IT recruiters today: www.avidtr.com.