The Cloud Engineer will be skilled in technical infrastructure support and configuring and maintaining solutions based in Microsoft Azure. Perform a variety of solutions configuration and maintenance, system spin-up or spin-down, security configuration, support, and training to ensure end-user efficiency and network performance meet company and user requirements. Perform responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies and procedures.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Setup Azure cloud environments for storing and processing data.
- Ensure high availability of our infrastructure and create a state of the art, scalable platform.
- Develop reporting for these cloud-based environments to meet the security, performance, and monitoring requirements.
- Provide support and troubleshooting.
- Make recommendations to the team about tools to be used for cloud environments and implement tools that have been approved.
- Help to identify and fix bottlenecks in the cloud.
- Implement and rollout management tools for cloud-based services.
- Develop test scenarios for stress testing services.
- Develop infrastructure to dynamically scale services.
- Performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting and capacity planning.
- Update process documentation - ensure documentation of entire environment is current.
- Review environment and execute initiatives to reduce failures, defects, and improving overall performance.
- Communicate with peers and managers regarding administration issues.
- Work with other System Administrators on maintenance and troubleshooting of environment.
- Maintain accurate inventory of cloud resources.
- Coordinate research, implementation and deployment of security and performance upgrades as assigned by management.
- Cross train other department employees to ensure best support for all users.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- MUST have at least 3 years of experience in system administration and architecting in MS Azure.
- Advanced Infrastructure support skills, including Server, Storage, Networking, and Security.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to interact effectively with other Bank colleagues.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and adapt to change.
- Must be customer / service focused.
- Must possess hands on knowledge of MS Azure
- Must possess knowledge of Windows Server infrastructure
- Must possess knowledge of Linux Server infrastructure
- Must possess knowledge of Storage solutions
- Must possess knowledge of Networking
- Must possess knowledge of Security
- Consistently follow policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Exhibit a positive “can do" attitude.
- Accept responsibility for and execute efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Recognize when a high sense of urgency is required.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills are essential.
- Proficient written and verbal skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Honest, dependable, respectful of others and carry high ethical standards.
- Customer focused mindset.
- Must be a team player.
- Normal, corrective vision range; ability to see color and to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, bend and reach.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.