AVID Technical Resources is partnering with our client to find a Senior Quality Assurance Automation Analyst for a permanent W2 opportunity in Fairfield, IA.
Job Title: Senior Quality Assurance Automation Analyst
Report to: Software Development Manager
Department: Information Services
The Senior Quality Assurance Automation Analyst works under the direction of the Software Development Manager and actively participates in project inception activities to lead software testing strategies to satisfy business requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in refining the department test strategy, test policy, quality standards, and test objectives
- Perform, coach, and mentor test design activities using risk assessment information, boundary value analysis, equivalence class partitioning, decision tables, and state diagrams to meet test objectives for high-complexity applications and systems in accordance with the department test strategy
- Mentor, coach, and conduct test preparation activities including requirements elicitation, converting business rules to user stories, test data management, assessing software designs for testability, reviewing tier-based test plan, and the creating of plans to mitigate feature failure risk
- Oversee, plan, and prioritize activities for testing each design tier using unit, component integration, functional, and system integration, performance, and static analysis automation tools automation tools
- Lead the utilization of data integration tools to produce test data with referential integrity across multiple databases to support automated tests independent of preexisting data
- Lead and guide activities associated with test infrastructure configuration including but not limited to pre-production environments, software promotion models, source code control, and automated build/release management
- Mentor and lead team members to develop a working knowledge of technical skills associated with mocking, Microsoft TSQL, tSQLt, business driven development testing tools, analyzing test results, and clearly documenting and delivering test summaries and formal bug reports
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be available at the direction of management for other duties and responsibilities.
This position has no supervisory duties currently.
Service Level Standards
Our client is committed to consistently delivering the highest levels of service in their industry. Each associate is required to understand and meet the service level standards defined for his/her position, and to participate in the definition, measurement and reporting of new standards that will further improve service. These standards are an integral part of each person’s responsibilities and meeting these standards is a measure of each associate’s job performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, instructions, and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Computer Skills: Database software, e-mail, Internet software, spreadsheets and their macros, word processing, and company proprietary software used by the department. Typing skills in the 40-50 wpm range
- Ability to follow verbal and written communications
- Ability to communicate effectively with public and co-workers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to express ideas clearly both in written and oral communications
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Ability to get ideas accepted and to guide a group or individual to accomplish a task
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities (time management)
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to conceptualize and analyze complex business processes
- Ability to define and achieve business goals and meet deadlines while working both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, simultaneous initiatives and conflicting priorities
- Ability to meet and manage customer expectations in a professional and timely manner
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to a moderate noise level.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee is required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
About AVID Technical Resources:
AVID (Applications, Voice, Internet, Data) Technical Resources is a contract and permanent IT recruiting company. Headquartered in Boston, AVID specializes in placing information technology professionals with either an Infrastructure Support or Applications Development background.
Since our inception in 2003, AVID has grown to be among the leading IT recruiting firms in the area. This explosive growth has led to a number of awards and recognition. Inc. Magazine recently listed AVID on their exclusive Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Privately-Held Companies in the US. AVID was named one of the Leading IT Staffing Agencies in the Northeast by Forbes Magazine and the Boston Business Journal ranked AVID Technical Resources the 7th Fastest Growing Privately-held Company in Massachusetts.
Contact one of our IT recruiters today: www.avidtr.com.