The CMDB Manager is responsible for managing and executing the Configuration Management process in its entirety. The CMDB Manager contributes to developing policy and process, ensures that policy and process are adhered to, and guarantees the integrity of the data stored within the CMDB. The role works with Director of Service Management and ServiceNow Product Owner to define the scope of the Configuration Management processes, what Configuration Items (CIs) are to be controlled, and the information that is to be recorded within the CMDB. The role works with other ITSM processes and/or business functions to understand new requirements and identify how Configuration Management can support them. The Configuration Manager develops and implements Configuration Management standards, plans, processes, and procedures; identifies CMDB data sources and recommends those that best meet CMDB requirements; and documents CI data models and process workflows. The role works closely with asset owners to populate and maintain a CMDB supported by multiple discovery integrations as a consolidated inventory for hardware and software. The role also maintains CI’s and CI Relationships to ensure CMDB accuracy and completeness, identifies and remediates issues that arise, validates CMDB integrity through configuration audits, and works with CI data owners and other stakeholders to ensure that quality of the CMDB data is maintained and all CIs are up-to-date. Finally, the role supports and administers the tools for ServiceNow Discovery, configuration and asset management, and additional applications or modules involved in provision of Configuration Management.
Apply for this job
• Participate fully in the build, configuration and documentation of IT infrastructure
• Ensure adherence to IT standards and service level objectives.
• Monitor and optimize IT infrastructure.
• Define and track performance metrics to ensure efficient use of IT resources
• Design and implement robust and secure IT solutions
• Identify opportunities to leverage technologies and improve processes/services and implement related enhancements
• Support and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
• Draw on relationship and technical skills to act as technical liaison and mentor junior staff
• Contribute to establishment of best practices
• Minimum of five years’ post-secondary education and/or relevant work experience
Additional Qualifications and Skills
• Knowledge of configuration and design of IT infrastructure systems within an enterprise environment
• Highly specialized knowledge of a specific technology
• Demonstrated team performance skills, service mindset approach, and the ability to act as a trusted advisor Certificates and Licenses
• Experience with ServiceNow ITSM platform and Discovery; ServiceNow Certified System Administrator preferred
• Strong knowledge of IT CMDB processes and procedures; ITIL certification preferred
Physical Requirements Working Conditions
• Occasionally required to work outside of normal business hours, and may be called during off hours