AVID Technical Resources is partnering with our client to find a Software Engineer for a 6 month contract opportunity in West Des Moines, IA.
What Software Engineering contributes to our client
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing,
and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the
company's business objectives.
• Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques,
fluency in software languages, and using application programming interfaces
• Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software
platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases,
application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
• Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards
including database systems, operating systems, API development
• Manages and improves continuous integration and deployment
through automated testing and build and deploy pipelines.
• Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success
and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
• Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective
and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production
• Analyzes production system operations using tools such as
monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and
drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and
• Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle,
modeling of business processes, application design patterns,
business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and
provide options analysis.
• Understands and proactively participates using agile/scrum as
a tool over a requirement. This includes story discovery, pointing, rapid and
rigorous code reviews, communication with business, and retrospectives.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years’ experience in related field preferred
• Proficient in Python, SQL server and Postgres, Database
tuning, ETL, bash, Windows and Mac.
Jest, and JS style systems)
• Experience in build and deploy techniques using Docker
• Experience with cloud technology, preferably AWS
What is expected of you and others at this level
• Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
• Contributes to the development of policies and procedures
• Works on complex projects of large scope
• Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult
problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
• Completes work independently receives general guidance on new
• Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
• May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
About AVID Technical Resources:
AVID (Applications, Voice, Internet, Data) Technical Resources is a contract and permanent IT recruiting company. Headquartered in Boston, AVID specializes in placing information technology professionals with either an Infrastructure Support or Applications Development background.
Since our inception in 2003, AVID has grown to be among the leading IT recruiting firms in the area. This explosive growth has led to a number of awards and recognition. Inc. Magazine recently listed AVID on their exclusive Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Privately-Held Companies in the US. AVID was named one of the Leading IT Staffing Agencies in the Northeast by Forbes Magazine and the Boston Business Journal ranked AVID Technical Resources the 7th Fastest Growing Privately-held Company in Massachusetts.
Contact one of our IT recruiters today: www.avidtr.com.