Service Desk Assistants support the work of the client's Service Desk team, providing attentive and customer-focused technology support to our community of students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
The ideal candidate understands the importance of empathy, active listening, and accountability when working with the HLS community to deliver technology solutions. The successful candidate will also have some prior phone or in-person customer service experience, and a working understanding of technical endpoints including Microsoft and Apple personal computers and basic audiovisual equipment.
AS A SERVICE DESK ASSISTANT YOU WILL:
• Monitor incoming service channels and ticketing system, and respond to customer requests.
• Staff service desks and address walk-in customer needs in a timely, professional manner.
• Provides basic technical support via the phone, walkup and remote tools.
• Perform basic AV setups, strikes, and event support using built-in classroom technology.
• Maintain public kiosk and lab computers: installing software and working with colleagues to troubleshoot issues.
• Maintain paper and toner supply levels for public multifunction printers.
Minimum 6 months to one year of experience relevant to the essential responsibilities and providing customer service.