You have just interviewed for that perfect IT job. Now what do you do? Send a thank you note. Typically, you should send a thank you note to every person you meet with. It not only thanks the interviewer(s) for their time, it also reinforces your interest in the position. If you interviewed through a technical recruiting company, then send the thank you note to your IT recruiter.
Here are some tips that our IT staffing company offers for writing Thank You notes:
- Like it or not, email is the standard form of communication these days. It not only is efficient, it pretty much guarantees delivery (with proof of delivery). However, a personal note shows that you go above and beyond, so don’t shy away from writing a note. Check your handwriting. If you have illegible handwriting, make sure you type the note so that the interviewer will be able to read what you have to say.
- Spell Check. Spelling or grammatical errors will damage your credibility. Also make sure you spell each recipient’s name correctly!
- Take notes during the interview. Reference some of the topics/items that you discussed in the IT job interview.
- Reiterate your experience. Remind the interviewer why you are a good fit for the IT job.
- Send the thank you note the same day – no exceptions!