If you have worked for any number of IT staffing agencies you’ll know that IT recruiting is not a 9-5pm industry. It’s anything but that. When IT recruiters leave at the end of the day, typically he or she leaves their IT staffing office with numerous open IT jobs still on the board. Ultimately, their work is never done. Having said that, while typical hours are atypical in the technical recruiting industry, most IT recruiting companies open their doors between 8-9am with their IT recruiters Boston leaving between 6-7pm.
Having said that, the most successful IT recruiters CA will beat other technical recruiters to the punch by getting in early and staying late or working from home. This is why there really aren’t any typical hours in the IT staffing industry. IT recruiters San Diego and IT recruiters LA are constantly outdueling one another to find the best IT consultants and information technology professionals on the market.
The best IT recruiting firms acknowledge the hard work of their technical recruiters CA and set up goals or days in which their technical recruiters Boston can leave early to help balance the late nights and long hours.
If you’re looking at becoming an IT recruiter or entering the technical staffing industry then make sure you’re prepared to put in the time. If you’re able to work long hours, the fruits of your labor will pay off.
Applicant tracking systems, or ATS, are critical to the success of IT recruiters and IT staffing companies. Given the sheer abundance of IT recruiting firms, more and more companies are developing ATS systems and even their own CRM that eventually get packaged and sold out of the box to IT staffing firms. There are numerous ATS systems out there, IT recruiting companies need to test drive each and identify the one that meets their needs.
In order for IT recruiting companies Boston to set up their IT recruiters Boston for success, here are some of the key components that IT staffing agencies should consider:
1) Resume search: Your data is only valuable if your IT recruiters San Diego can find the resumes. One of the most important parts of an ATS, make sure the candidate search is strong.
2) Relational database: In today’s technical world, most ATS’ should have the ability to tie all emails and activity to both the client contact and the candidate’s. By doing so, it cuts down the time it takes IT recruiters Los Angeles to search for information – thus saving time and money.
3) Mass mail capabilities: Send an email message to thousands of contacts with just one click of the button. This feature should be standard with Applicant Tracking Systems. Make sure the one you choose has this capability if your technical recruiters like the idea of mass mailing information technology candidates or IT managers.
4) Crawlers: This is a key bonus to any ATS as it help build your resume database virtually around the clock. The only drawback for technical recruiting firms is the fact that most job boards will give you a max amount of resume views so you could burn these allotment up very quickly.
5) Support: No ATS is perfect and most IT recruiting companies MA want to customize their system based on the needs of their technical recruiters Boston. Therefore, make sure your ATS has unlimited support.
Imagine IT recruiters, HR or IT managers sorting through dozens and dozens of resumes for each IT job. If you put yourself in their shoes, you’d be more aware of the importance of a nice clean resume….and one that bleeds the position you’re hiring for. Prospective candidates who send one standard template resume for all IT jobs and to all IT recruiting companies are not setting themselves up for success. Remember, not all IT recruiters Boston or HR professionals are technical. Therefore, make sure you tailor your resume towards that technical job you’re applying to. For example, if you’re a developer with Microsoft .NET experience, and you’re applying to a .NET developer role, change your title from “Software Engineer” to “.NET Developer.” Once again, your resume should bleed the IT job (without fabrication of course).
IT recruiting firms generally recommend using bullets with a short, precise description of your IT job duties. These bullets should also mirror the technical position. Add as many of the technologies that the IT recruiting company or client requires. Also utilizes a “Skills & Technologies” section in your resume to make sure all of your technical experience is included (and thus ensures your resume pops up in any IT job search that IT recruiters San Diego or technical recruiters Los Angeles put into their search on Monster, Dice or Careerbuilder).
IT recruiters CA look through hundreds of resumes each day for their various technical jobs. Remember, the ones that stand out are the resumes that are clean, clear and hit as many of their key words as possible that were entered into their search.
While IT recruiters enjoy some time off around the holidays just as much as anyone else, IT staffing companies are a little less cheery than most other industries given the loss of revenue. Technical recruiters who work for contract IT recruiting agencies, make their money based on how many hours their IT consultants work. If their IT contractors don’t work, IT recruiters Boston and their respective IT recruiting companies MA don’t get paid. Therefore, santa isn’t typically dropping off gifts to IT staffing agencies around the holidays. Instead IT recruiting firms see a drop in revenue and their IT recruiters LA a reduced paycheck for these weeks.
On the flip side, while IT recruiting companies Boston dread looking at their revenue report around the holidays, they love IT consultants who work overtime hours. Again, IT recruiting firms CA make money off every hour their IT consultants work. Therefore, OT can be the best friend to IT recruiters San Diego.
Therefore, in an ideal world, IT consultants will make up any missed hours for time off around the holidays to ensure they still put in a forty hour week for both their paycheck and their IT recruiter who ultimately found them the IT job.
Want to see our open IT jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn. We post new jobs daily!
One of the most important aspects to writing a strong resume is consistency. IT recruiters working for various IT staffing companies will tell you that a clean, consistent and condenced resume can make the difference between getting that all-important first interview or not be selected at all. We asked a number of technical recruiters for more specific feedback:
1) Font: This is the most obvious key to a sharp resume and the easiest to make consistent. Highlight the entire IT job resume and choose a font. Make sure it’s consistent throughout. There is nothing more frustrating to IT recruiters San Diego than to see inconsistent font. It’s a clear sign of laziness or lack of attention to detail.
2) Spacing: If you skip one space between Objective or Education or Work Experience, be consistent throughout. Single space the resume – there is no need to make a long resume even longer. IT recruiting firms look for consistent spacing before sending the resume to their clients.
3) Company info/title: Whether you bold the company name or that of the various IT recruiting companies that you worked for, then underline your IT job titles (or vice versa), just be consistent. Do not bold the IT recruiting firm under one past employer, then not the next.
4) Dates: If you use months and years (recommended by most IT staffing firms) to accurately show the dates of your employment, be consistent throughout your resume. Don’t use the month and year under one past employment, then not the next. Additionally, just using years is frowned upon by most IT recruiters CA as it appears as though the IT job candidate is trying to hide a gap in employment.
5) Margins: Lastly, check the margins in your resume and make sure they all line up. There’s no need for significant spacing on top or the bottom of the resume. Keep both to a half inch to an inch.
For more questions about resume writing, contact one of our IT recruiters Boston or one of the many IT staffing agencies Boston.
Most all IT recruiting companies CA can boast of a thorough screening process and candidate lock downs. Most all IT recruiting firms CA brag their robust databases. Clients can’t dicipher what is the truth and what are IT staffing salespeople just trying to land a deal. In truth, there is very little difference in how IT recruiting agencies Boston find their talent. Technical recruiters MA typically search on Monster, Dice, CareerBuilder, Linkedin and even Craig’s List. Occassionally some use Ladders. Therefore, what distinguishes one IT recruiting company from another? It’s quite simple: their people.
Successful IT recruiting companies Boston have hard working IT recruiters. At the end of the day, what IT recruiters MA are going to work harder to find the best information technology professionals. More specifically, working hard simply means what technical recruiters CA are going to contact more candidates, hit more IT job boards and ultimately work longer to find the perfect candidate for their client.
Hard work is all relative. The best employees in the IT staffing industry typically work long hours in the office, then log on and do additional resume searches from the comfort of their own home. The more you put into the IT recruiter role, the more you’ll get out of it. While there are many variables to making an IT job placement, ultimately there is a tried and true formula for success: The harder you work = The more candidates you reach out to = The more submittals to the client = The more candidate interviews = The more confirmed hires.
For IT recruiters San Diego, it all starts with hard work.