Our client is looking for a candidate may possess knowledge of the Linux operating system, C++, Python, and Java programming, and exposure to relational databases using SQL/rDBMS; exposure to modern code versioning tools and continuous integration and testing environments. Please view the qualifications section of the posting for specific job requirements.
Specific Duties include:
- Communicating with scientists and operations teams for software requirements
- Developing and maintaining software through all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Documenting software for CXC operations staff and scientific users worldwide
- Release deployment, server and data migrations, and data archive monitoring
- Problem analysis and evaluation in support of archive operations and scientific user input
- Work as part of a team
For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.