Development Operations Contractor
Our client is looking for a Development Operations contractor to develop docker image builds for existing applications and Jenkins CI jobs to manage those builds. These new images will be tailored to a specific set of compliance requirements and updates to maintain such compliance will be performed by the contractor.
For this project, we are working with several data registries to create an “Information Commons” where researchers can go to browse and analyze data, referred to as PIC-SURE. The contractor will play a role in collaborating with customers who require specific packaging and configurations which differ from our standard deployment environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute upgrades based on results from security testing, such as updating packages, libraries and operating systems.
- Migrating existing WildFly Docker Image and associated configuration and application deployments to use JBoss EAP.
- Customer technical support via video conferencing and screen-sharing applications to help debug and resolve networking, infrastructure and application issues in remote environments without direct access.
- Adapt PIC-SURE API and Auth Micro-app configuration and Jenkins jobs to work with either Wildfly or JBoss EAP to support deployment in both.
- Build Centos 7 docker images for each system component to simplify security patching.
- Address other vulnerability issues found in scans of updated system component images accounting for priority and criticality of reported vulnerabilities.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar
Area of Study
- 3 years relevant work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Analytical skills to resolve problems that require the use of basic scientific, mathematical, or technical principles.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively deal with conflicting views or issues, and mediate
- fair solutions. Well-developed writing skills are required.
- In-depth experience in all technical areas of the system including: architecture,
- database/server administration, application development and upgrades, as well as strong
- project management skills, and the ability to manage the expectations of senior management.
Proofreading and checking documents for accuracy, inputting/retrieving words or data into or from an automated/computer system using a computer/terminal to load, program or manipulate data.
This position has an end date of May 31, 2022