AVID Technical Resourcs is seeking an experienced Mainframe Developer with COBOL experience to provide remote support to our Higher Education client in Los Angeles.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and subject matter experts in the development of project plans,
- Elicitation of detailed application requirements for new system functionality,
- Maintain existing programs, conduct root cause analysis of problems or system bugs
- Develop system documentation and conduct unit, system or functional testing of assigned applications.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative partnerships with constituents within IT Services and campus departments to implement new system functionality or to improve existing student systems.
- Conduct research and evaluate emerging IT trends, software tools/products or methodologies to foster continual improvement of application development lifecycle activity
- Provide oncall support during the day time or as assigned.
§ 5+ years of application programming experience using COBOL, CICS, DB2, VSAM, TSO and JCL within a z/OS environment; ability to analyze and design complex applications independently.
§ Ability to design applications considering application performance and usability; able to optimize application to improve system performance.
§ Ability to develop design documentation Including functional requirements, user requirements, technical requirements, use and test cases, traceability matrixes, specifications, etc.
§ Excellent technical, analytical, debugging and problemsolving skills with selfmotivation and willingness to learn new concepts, technologies, and processes.
§ Possess the verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with technical and nontechnical personnel at various levels in the organization; ability to use standard English grammar and punctuation.
§ Provide technical assistance and guidance to the design, development, integration, and deployment of application software.
§ Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering OR three years of relevant professional experience and education.
§ Experience in developing Financial applications or systems. (preferred)
§ Experience working within higher education information technology. (preferred)
§ Knowledge of cloud based Financial or ERP solutions. (preferred)
Estimated Pay Rate Range
Contract Hourly Rate ranging: $50 - 65 -- Dependent upon Experience
About AVID Technical Resources:
AVID (Applications, Voice, Internet, Data) Technical Resources is a contract and permanent IT recruiting company. Headquartered in Boston with 9 offices around the US, AVID specializes in placing information technology professionals with either an Infrastructure Support or Applications Development background.
Since our inception in 2003, AVID has grown to be among the leading IT recruiting firms in the area. This explosive growth has led to a number of awards and recognition. Inc. Magazine listed AVID three times on their exclusive Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Privately-Held Companies in the US. AVID was named one of the Leading IT Staffing Agencies in the Northeast by Forbes Magazine and the Boston Business Journal ranked AVID Technical Resources the 7th Fastest Growing Privately-held Company in Massachusetts. AVID Technical Resources has not only been recognized by local and national business and staffing organizations, but also by its most important critics: our clients and candidates. Check out our reviews on Glassdoor, Indeed, and Google here.
Contact one of our IT recruiters today: www.avidtr.com.