AVID Technical Resources is partnering with our client to find a Software Architect III for a permanent W2 opportunity in Fairfield, IA.
Job Title: Software Architect III
Report to: Software Development Manager
Department: Information Services
The Software Architect III works under the direction of the AVP, Software Development to provide oversight to the technical and architectural design process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Collaborate with Technology Leadership, Product Management, and other architects to drive the evolution of our technical architectural strategy in alignment with the needs of the business and lead the establishment and governance of the architecture road map to support the strategy
· Lead, mentor, and facilitate the technical and architectural design review process associated with business projects spanning multiple systems, including an assessment of the alignment between architecture options and business value
· Review, assess and recommend technical and architectural designs for projects crossing multiple systems, including but not limited to providing assessment feedback to appropriate architects, development staff, project managers, product owners, executives, and stakeholders
· Collaborate with other software architects, Software Development Managers, and development staff on technical and architectural design requirements
· Partner with Configuration Management, the Development Support team, and Server Support to maintain alignment between the SDLC physical environments and evolving system architectures
· Actively participate in the ongoing process to maintain the software application current-state documentation and the periodic review and assessment of the architectural current state, providing an overall health score factoring in a formal risk analysis
· Maintain and enhance working knowledge of emerging technologies, advise other architects regarding their utility, assess the value of their integration with our business opportunities, lead the conception and execution of proof of concept exercises, and present recommendations to Technical Leadership, Product Management, and other architects
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be available at the direction of management for other duties and responsibilities.
This position has no supervisory duties currently.
Service Level Standards
Our client is committed to consistently delivering the highest levels of service in their industry. Each associate is required to understand and meet the service level standards defined for his/her position, and to participate in the definition, measurement and reporting of new standards that will further improve service. These standards are an integral part of each person’s responsibilities and meeting these standards is a measure of each associate’s job performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, instructions, and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Computer Skills: Database software, e-mail, Internet software, spreadsheets and their macros, word processing, and company proprietary software used by the department. Typing skills in the 40-50 wpm range
- Ability to follow verbal and written communications
- Ability to communicate effectively with public and co-workers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to express ideas clearly both in written and oral communications
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Ability to get ideas accepted and to guide a group or individual to accomplish a task
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities (time management)
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to conceptualize and analyze complex business processes
- Ability to define and achieve business goals and meet deadlines while working both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, simultaneous initiatives and conflicting priorities
- Ability to meet and manage customer expectations in a professional and timely manner
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and eight years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to a moderate noise level.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee is required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
About AVID Technical Resources:
AVID (Applications, Voice, Internet, Data) Technical Resources is a contract and permanent IT recruiting company. Headquartered in Boston, AVID specializes in placing information technology professionals with either an Infrastructure Support or Applications Development background.
Since our inception in 2003, AVID has grown to be among the leading IT recruiting firms in the area. This explosive growth has led to a number of awards and recognition. Inc. Magazine recently listed AVID on their exclusive Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Privately-Held Companies in the US. AVID was named one of the Leading IT Staffing Agencies in the Northeast by Forbes Magazine and the Boston Business Journal ranked AVID Technical Resources the 7th Fastest Growing Privately-held Company in Massachusetts.
Contact one of our IT recruiters today: www.avidtr.com.