AVID Technical Resourcs is seeking a Mainframe Developer with extensive programming experience using COBOL to remotely support our client in Los Angeles.
The Mainframe Developer is responsible for...
- The design, programming, testing and implementation of highly complex and advanced web-based purchasing and financial applications using structured development methods and tools
- Full-life cycle responsibilities, including development of formal project plans related to assigned development projects
- Application of advanced service-oriented architecture application design concepts and methods
- Collaboration with subject matter experts, stakeholders, users and colleagues to elicit functional and technical requirement specifications for new and existing applications purchasing and accounts payable applications.
- Acting as key contributor to the comprehensive testing and documentation of system, while addressing issues or bugs to remediate and improve application functionality and stability.
- Cross-departmental collaboration to analyze and resolve configuration, software, hardware and production issues.
- Additional responsibilities include...
- Ensuring appropriate use of application of security standards and policies
- Research of emerging technologies
- Analyzing application performance
- Managing data integrity
- Ongoing application support
- Eight or more years' experience in the design and development of highly complex and advanced level, mission critical or enterprise applications using large-scale relational database(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering (or related) OR combination of relevant professional experience and education.
- Extensive experience designing applications, taking into account application performance and usability; ability to optimize application to improve system performance.
- Possess the verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization; ability to use standard English grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to develop design documentation Including functional requirements, user requirements, technical requirements, use and test cases, traceability matrixes, specifications, etc.
- Excellent technical, analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills with self-motivation and willingness to learn new concepts, technologies, and processes.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to the design, development, integration, and deployment of application software.
- Skilled in application programming languages, techniques and associated tools including COBOL/CTG/CTS, XML, DB2, Endevor, IBM debugger, SQL, zOS, DB2, File Manager, Debug, Fault Analyzer, VSAM file management and the ability to effectively apply skills to leverage emerging technologies.
- Working knowledge of Channels, Containers and Stored Procedures5
Estimated Pay Rate Range
Contract Hourly Rate ranging: $60 - 67 USD -- Dependent upon Experience
About AVID Technical Resources:
AVID (Applications, Voice, Internet, Data) Technical Resources is a contract and permanent IT recruiting company. Headquartered in Boston with 9 offices around the US, AVID specializes in placing information technology professionals with either an Infrastructure Support or Applications Development background.
Since our inception in 2003, AVID has grown to be among the leading IT recruiting firms in the area. This explosive growth has led to a number of awards and recognition. Inc. Magazine listed AVID three times on their exclusive Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Privately-Held Companies in the US. AVID was named one of the Leading IT Staffing Agencies in the Northeast by Forbes Magazine and the Boston Business Journal ranked AVID Technical Resources the 7th Fastest Growing Privately-held Company in Massachusetts. AVID Technical Resources has not only been recognized by local and national business and staffing organizations, but also by its most important critics: our clients and candidates. Check out our reviews on Glassdoor, Indeed, and Google here.
Contact one of our IT recruiters today: www.avidtr.com.