Our client is a leading hub for computational biology, translational bioinformatics, and precision medicine. Our client is part of a vibrant community of scientists, physicians, students, engineers, and staff whose goal is to advance the boundaries of knowledge. The working environment combines the best features of a startup (fast pace, flexibility) with those of one of the leading medical schools (excellent benefits, outstanding opportunities for learning, and great resources). The position provides excellent opportunities for anyone interested in pursuing a research career through participation in cutting-edge research projects, opportunities to contribute to scientific publications.
Required skills & experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biomedical Informatics, Computer Science, Molecular Biology, or a related field and 2 years work experience, or a Master’s degree in any of the above fields
- Experience with modern high-throughput genomics or bioimaging experiments and their data types, analysis tools, and file formats
- Experience in writing software for data wrangling, analysis, and management in Python and/or R
- Experience working with (spatial) single-cell data or assays
- Working knowledge of cell biology, genetics, and other areas of molecular biology
- Experience with REST APIs, (graph) databases, Elasticsearch, software development practices, and version control
- Project management skills including team management, issue management, and change management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand scientific literature, experimental procedures and their limitations, and current needs of the research community
This is a one-year grant-funded position available immediately with a strong possibility of renewal.