District of Columbia
Apply for this job
The work of the Accounting Technician entails coordinating with attorneys, paralegals, Expert Contract Coordinators (ECCs) within the Sections and Executive Office staff to research potential experts, conduct reference and credential checks, maintain databases, conduct analyses, produce reports, and assist with financial and contract administration activities in order to maintain an active and effective portfolio of experts for ENRD’s law practice. Duties for this position will involve;
- Maintaining the expert contract file storage.
- Compiling contract award distribution packages.
- Monitoring the Expertinfo mailbox.
- Entering reimbursable agreements in the Unified Financial Management System (UFMS).
- Coordinating with the Justice Management Division (JMD) on reimbursable agreement document issues and coordinating with other agencies to complete Treasury forms.
- Processing account payable invoices and answering invoice inquiries.
- Preparing daily verification reports.
- Processing receipt and debt collection checks.
- Candidate must have proficient knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems.
- Candidate must have two-year degree in accounting or four-year degree in a related field or relevant experience in finance or accounting performing technical-level duties.
- Candidate must have at least 2 years experience in a government agency litigation support environment.
- Candidate must be proactive and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Candidate must have excellent communication and writing skills.
- Working knowledge of document management databases.
- Working knowledge of UFMS.
- Comfort with financial documents, contracts, invoices.
- Comfort with administrative tasks and using office equipment, copiers, faxes, answering phones.