This position will have work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop long range forecast trends, develop strategic analysis, and own commercial reporting.
This individual will be responsible for owning demand estimation for all our clients products and creating dynamic forecasting models. This position will lead commercial reporting and analytics to support sales, marketing, and market access. This role reports to the Director of Field Operations and Analytics of the client.
- Develop short‐term and long‐term product and market forecasts for prescription drugs and OTC products, based upon sound assumptions, and present recommendation to stakeholders within the organization.
- Evaluate and produce various forecast scenarios to account for variability in assumptions
- Ensure strong alignment on forecast assumptions and results with supply chain, finance, and marketing teams
- Develop commercial assessments, forecasts, cost/benefit analysis, cash flow models to evaluate pipeline assets as well as corporate development and acquisition opportunities.
- Own ad-hoc analysis for the legacy products, new prescription drug launches, and OTC products
- Provide strategic recommendations to brand teams based on relevant data and analysis to inform promotional priorities
- Translate business questions into analytical plans and provide actionable insights
- Triangulate insights across multiple sources (Symphony, Patient HUB, Specialty Pharmacy, Veeva, MMIT)
- Develop sample optimization plans based on inventory and business needs
- Manage all aspects of regular reports and proactively recommend enhancements to support current business needs
- Define KPIs needed to track the health of product performance and inform strategic recommendations
- Manage third-party vendors to develop reports and ensure accuracy, timeliness, and quality of all metrics
- Act as thought partner to brand teams and suggest new ways track product launch performance and recommend data-driven solutions
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. MS in technical discipline or other advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in forecasting and analytics roles within a commercial function of a consulting or pharma/biotech company
- Advanced Excel modeling is required
- Knowledge of core commercial data assets and processes such as IQVIA, Symphony, Gross-to-Net
- Working knowledge of SQL is required.
- Experience in ophthalmology/optometric market is a plus.
- Demonstrate ability to present to leadership and large field sales teams
- Operates autonomously with minimal supervision
- Project management skills with ability to oversee multiple large scale technical projects and deliver on budget and on time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to connect analytics with the overarching business questions, and can understand the link between brand strategy and forecasts/analysis
- Proficient at PowerPoint for presentations