Now that we’ve entered a new year, it’s a good time to look back and reflect what was for IT recruiters and the best IT staffing companies in 2012. For all intents and purposes, 2012 was a solid year for most IT recruiting firms. While most industries struggled to overcome one of the worst recessions in our nation’s history, the IT staffing industry stood strong. IT recruiting agencies were not only stable, many of them grew over the past year. This speaks volumes to the strength of the IT recruiting industry, the niche need of IT consultants and the importance of technology in today’s business world. All three are key ingredients to success for IT staffing agencies.
As most companies enforced a budgetary freeze on spending, there were mission-critical IT projects (which required the need for IT recruiting companies to provide technical consultants) that could not be ignored. Since many companies rely upon e-commerce as a main (and sometimes only) source of revenue, utilizing IT staffing firms to help deliver these projects were critical to their success…and survival. To put into perspective, if Reebok needs to spend a couple of million in IT recruiting resources for a neccessary application development project tied into the sales of their sneakers online, the return could be in the ten’s or hundreds of millions. Therefore, spending the money and utilizing IT recruiters Boston to find them IT consultants to help deliver the project is a no-brainer. Once again, it’s the technology industry that drives the spend on mission-critical projects.
Therefore, if you’re looking to enter the recruiting world, take a good hard look at IT staffing. As we saw during 2012, and over the course of the entire economic recession, IT recruiting companies MA not only remained stable, many of them grew. There are very few industries that can say the same.
Applicant tracking systems, or ATS, are critical to the success of IT recruiters and IT staffing companies. Given the sheer abundance of IT recruiting firms, more and more companies are developing ATS systems and even their own CRM that eventually get packaged and sold out of the box to IT staffing firms. There are numerous ATS systems out there, IT recruiting companies need to test drive each and identify the one that meets their needs.
In order for IT recruiting companies Boston to set up their IT recruiters Boston for success, here are some of the key components that IT staffing agencies should consider:
1) Resume search: Your data is only valuable if your IT recruiters San Diego can find the resumes. One of the most important parts of an ATS, make sure the candidate search is strong.
2) Relational database: In today’s technical world, most ATS’ should have the ability to tie all emails and activity to both the client contact and the candidate’s. By doing so, it cuts down the time it takes IT recruiters Los Angeles to search for information – thus saving time and money.
3) Mass mail capabilities: Send an email message to thousands of contacts with just one click of the button. This feature should be standard with Applicant Tracking Systems. Make sure the one you choose has this capability if your technical recruiters like the idea of mass mailing information technology candidates or IT managers.
4) Crawlers: This is a key bonus to any ATS as it help build your resume database virtually around the clock. The only drawback for technical recruiting firms is the fact that most job boards will give you a max amount of resume views so you could burn these allotment up very quickly.
5) Support: No ATS is perfect and most IT recruiting companies MA want to customize their system based on the needs of their technical recruiters Boston. Therefore, make sure your ATS has unlimited support.
While IT recruiters enjoy some time off around the holidays just as much as anyone else, IT staffing companies are a little less cheery than most other industries given the loss of revenue. Technical recruiters who work for contract IT recruiting agencies, make their money based on how many hours their IT consultants work. If their IT contractors don’t work, IT recruiters Boston and their respective IT recruiting companies MA don’t get paid. Therefore, santa isn’t typically dropping off gifts to IT staffing agencies around the holidays. Instead IT recruiting firms see a drop in revenue and their IT recruiters LA a reduced paycheck for these weeks.
On the flip side, while IT recruiting companies Boston dread looking at their revenue report around the holidays, they love IT consultants who work overtime hours. Again, IT recruiting firms CA make money off every hour their IT consultants work. Therefore, OT can be the best friend to IT recruiters San Diego.
Therefore, in an ideal world, IT consultants will make up any missed hours for time off around the holidays to ensure they still put in a forty hour week for both their paycheck and their IT recruiter who ultimately found them the IT job.
Want to see our open IT jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn. We post new jobs daily!