Working with a technical recruiter at AVID Technical Resources is not much different than having your own agent. We’re here to help get you the best possible position while maximizing your earning potential. Our team not only has access to New England’s top employers, we also have strong relationships that have been built over the years. As a result, these relationships have been fostered and strengthened over the years. To the prospective IT job seeker, this translates into getting that critical first interview, or the ever-important “foot in the door.”
Working with an AVID technical recruiter can be a great way to unlock job opportunities that you will not likely have found in internet job postings. You’ll have access to numerous positions and some of the area’s best clients. Before you contact AVID and jump starting your career, here are a few helpful tips for working with technical recruiters:
1) Be Honest – A successful technical recruiter/candidate relationship starts with honesty. It’s important to let the technical recruiter know what other opportunities you’re looking at so we know exactly where you stand with your IT job search. This allows us to know how aggressively we push our client for feedback. Do not hold anything back, as it could not only damage your relationship with your technical recruiter. It could also jeopardize the entire placement process.
2) Be Open to Meeting – AVID technical recruiters make it a habit of asking prospective candidates to come in and meet with us. Take them up on the offer. Meeting face-to-face personalizes the job search process. Build a strong relationship with your respective recruiter so he or she will always have your name atop their list of available candidates when that right IT job opens up.
3) Be Accessible – During the placement process, time is typically of the essence. Any delay could jeopardize the placement process. Be sure to provide your AVID technical recruiter with every number or contact, so we can reach you when we need to.
4) Communication is Key – Your AVID technical recruiter will stay in close contact with you throughout the placement process. Be sure to do that same. Keep him or her updated with any changes in your employment status. Communicate any changes in your career development such as a new degree or certification.
5) Don’t Be Afraid to Follow Up – If you’re actively and aggressively searching for a new position and haven’t heard from your AVID technical recruiter, don’t hesitate to contact us. The more we know about you and your situation, the more likely it is that we can help you land that perfect information technology job.
6) Listen to Our Advice – We’re technical recruiting experts. Our skilled technical recruiters have helped thousands of people with their job search. With each situation comes a stronger understanding of how to make a successful placement. We’ll explain what we have learned and provide you with resume tips and interview advice to help you successfully land your desired position.
7) Help Us Expedite the Placement Process – Before your AVID technical recruiter officially submits your information to one of our clients, he or she will need an updated copy of your resume, at least 2 professional references and a face to face meeting. If we recommend any additional changes to your resume, be sure to implement and send back as quickly as possible. If we cannot reach your references, contact each yourself and ask to set up a time in which we can call them. If you cannot find time to come into Boston to meet us, we’ll find a more convenient location or will come to you directly. Since any delay in the placement process could cost you the job opportunity, work hard to expedite these items.
8) Be Patient – Our technical recruiters understand the stress, anxiety and frustration associated with a job search. Finding the right technical and cultural fit can sometimes take time. Try to be patient. Sometimes the best opportunities are worth waiting for!
9) Don’t Be Afraid to Say “No” – We do not guarantee that every position will be a perfect match for our candidates when we contact them with our information technology jobs. However, we do guarantee that we will run every possible IT job by our candidates and work closely with them to determine whether it is a good fit. Either way, if you’re not interested in the opportunity, do not be afraid to say “No.” We would rather have you decide this beforehand, than after the fact. It will save everyone involved in the technical recruiting process time and effort. It will also help us to zero in on that perfect position for you.
10) Look Long Term – If you’re a career technical consultant, we aim to have you exclusively partner with AVID to find all of your future contract information technology jobs. If you’re looking for full-time positions, AVID would like to find you a long-term, stable home. At AVID Technical Resources, we look to build a long term relationship with every candidate. We hope that you will build a long term relationship with us!