Most IT contractors find themselves starting new IT jobs more often than professionals in fields outside of information technology. There are plenty of ways IT staffing firms and IT headhunters can help prep you for your first day at a new job, but there are certainly some questions that IT consultants should be sure they ask their new coworkers and bosses. Here are some questions below that will help IT professionals succeed in a new job.
1. What are some of the biggest challenges people in our department face? How can I prepare for them?
2. How will I know when I’ve been successful at this job? How will I know when I’m not meeting expectations?
3. What can I do to match my work style to our manager’s?
4. What can I do to match my work style to my team’s?
5. Is there any advice you’d give to somebody starting my job?
AVID Technical Resources
AVID (Applications, Voice, Internet, Data) Technical Resources is a leading Information Technology recruiting company. Specializing in placing contract and permanent personnel in both Infrastructure Support and Applications Development positions, AVID has a national presence supporting clients ranging from small businesses to Fortune 100 companies. Headquartered in Boston, MA, AVID has achieved tremendous growth since the firm's inception in 2003. This has triggered numerous national awards and recognition, such as being named to Inc. 500 Magazine's list of 5,000 Fastest Growing Privately-held Companies in the US in 2010, 2011 and 2013. Additionally, the firm boasts of having more than 100 five-star reviews on Google from clients and candidates who rave about their experience and interaction with the firm's recruiters.