Most IT recruiting companies will have a robust database housing thousands of resumes in their database. Additionally, IT recruiting firms will have access to all of the resume boards – Monster, Career Builder, Hot Jobs, Dice, Net Temps, etc. However, true IT recruiting reaches well beyond these tools. We understand this at AVID and this approach helps us separate ourselves from other IT staffing agencies. AVID IT recruiters utilize the following techniques outside of typical search avenues to identify strong technical candidates:
1) Direct Recruiting: With the advent of Monster and other IT job boards, calling directly into targeted companies has truly become a lost art. However, not at AVID. This is one of our most effective means of finding the perfect candidate– and one who’s resume isn’t plastered all over the IT job boards.
2) Identifying IT User Groups: This is an excellent way to build a network of niche skill sets and a great way to identify strong candidates through referrals. Our IT recruiters join networking groups and attend niche user group meetings. They’re on the streets networking with the very people we place on a daily basis.
3) Finding Niche IT job Sites: Many niche IT job sites (especially in the government/military sector) are virtually resume databases. Simple Google searches can unearth these sites and ultimately provide additional search avenues.
4) LinkedIn: AVID IT recruiters promote all of their own IT jobs on their individual LinkedIn pages and are constantly joining new user groups and networking with technical professionals.
5) Social Media: Our IT recruiters also all have their own Facebook and Twitter work pages where they post positions and network with IT professionals.
6) Google & Other Search Engines: These are free sites that AVID IT recruiters utilize on a daily basis. By knowing how to use Boolean search queries, you can find hundreds of resumes, user groups and job posting sites.
7) Trade Associations: AVID utilizes Business Journals, High Tech Magazines, Executive Clubs and other networking groups to further promote our IT jobs and meet IT contractors and other high-tech professionals. Many have websites with career functionality.
8) Local College & University Relationships: AVID IT recruiters go out of their way to build strong relationships/partnerships with a number of local colleges and universities. This yields better access to for IT job postings and career services.
9) Referrals: By asking for a referral on every single call, AVID IT recruiters are constantly identifying candidates that our competition cannot find.
10) Search Engine Optimization: AVID is one of the most dynamic IT recruiting agencies in the industry. We follow trends and embrace changes in technology. As our technical recruiters utilize all of the techniques described above, SEO provides the opportunity for candidates to find us!
AVID Technical Resources
AVID (Applications, Voice, Internet, Data) Technical Resources is a leading Information Technology recruiting company. Specializing in placing contract and permanent personnel in both Infrastructure Support and Applications Development positions, AVID has a national presence supporting clients ranging from small businesses to Fortune 100 companies. Headquartered in Boston, MA, AVID has achieved tremendous growth since the firm's inception in 2003. This has triggered numerous national awards and recognition, such as being named to Inc. 500 Magazine's list of 5,000 Fastest Growing Privately-held Companies in the US in 2010, 2011 and 2013. Additionally, the firm boasts of having more than 100 five-star reviews on Google from clients and candidates who rave about their experience and interaction with the firm's recruiters.