One of the most important aspects to writing a strong resume is consistency. IT recruiters working for various IT staffing companies will tell you that a clean, consistent and condenced resume can make the difference between getting that all-important first interview or not be selected at all. We asked a number of technical recruiters for more specific feedback:
1) Font: This is the most obvious key to a sharp resume and the easiest to make consistent. Highlight the entire IT job resume and choose a font. Make sure it’s consistent throughout. There is nothing more frustrating to IT recruiters San Diego than to see inconsistent font. It’s a clear sign of laziness or lack of attention to detail.
2) Spacing: If you skip one space between Objective or Education or Work Experience, be consistent throughout. Single space the resume – there is no need to make a long resume even longer. IT recruiting firms look for consistent spacing before sending the resume to their clients.
3) Company info/title: Whether you bold the company name or that of the various IT recruiting companies that you worked for, then underline your IT job titles (or vice versa), just be consistent. Do not bold the IT recruiting firm under one past employer, then not the next.
4) Dates: If you use months and years (recommended by most IT staffing firms) to accurately show the dates of your employment, be consistent throughout your resume. Don’t use the month and year under one past employment, then not the next. Additionally, just using years is frowned upon by most IT recruiters CA as it appears as though the IT job candidate is trying to hide a gap in employment.
5) Margins: Lastly, check the margins in your resume and make sure they all line up. There’s no need for significant spacing on top or the bottom of the resume. Keep both to a half inch to an inch.
For more questions about resume writing, contact one of our IT recruiters Boston or one of the many IT staffing agencies Boston.
AVID Technical Resources
AVID (Applications, Voice, Internet, Data) Technical Resources is a leading Information Technology recruiting company. Specializing in placing contract and permanent personnel in both Infrastructure Support and Applications Development positions, AVID has a national presence supporting clients ranging from small businesses to Fortune 100 companies. Headquartered in Boston, MA, AVID has achieved tremendous growth since the firm's inception in 2003. This has triggered numerous national awards and recognition, such as being named to Inc. 500 Magazine's list of 5,000 Fastest Growing Privately-held Companies in the US in 2010, 2011 and 2013. Additionally, the firm boasts of having more than 100 five-star reviews on Google from clients and candidates who rave about their experience and interaction with the firm's recruiters.